Friday, November 13, 2009

Go Bears!

So, I went to the Chicago Bears/49er game last night. My cousin, Olin Kreutz, is the center on the Bears' team. (He's the guy in the middle that gives the ball to the QB (quarterback) before the QB throws the ball. Anyways, it was a fun game and we had awesome seats. Becky, my sister, had sweatshirts made up for everyone in our family that read "Olin Kreutz's Ohana." It was fun to have fans stop us and ask us questions about our family. For a moment, I actually felt like a famous person. However, it did get annoying at times when people around us would ask questions during the game. Sheesh! Many of our cousins came out to support him and we had a total blast! I learned a few things about going to a professional football game at Candlestick. Some of this stuff is obvious, but I hadn't been to a 49er game in a really long time, so it might help those of you who need a few reminders.

#1) Go early and tailgate. It's amazing. People bring their BBQs and some of the BBQs are bigger than their cars.
#2) Don't be late. If you leave late from Sacramento, you'll hit traffic in Berkeley and have to sit in traffic for two hours. Worst case scenario..you miss the first quarter of the game. (Sorry honey...)
#3) Don't buy beer there. I don't drink, but I couldn't believe that a bottle of beer was a dollar more than a bucket of popcorn. The beer was $8.75 and the popcorn was $7.75. (I guess you shouldn't buy the popcorn either..)
#4) Don't meet your family at Gate F. EVERYONE meets their family at Gate F because it's right in the very front of the stadium.
#5) The hot dogs were awesome. I generally only eat hotdogs from Sac's in Vallejo or at the RC games, but this one rocked..
#6) If you want to get signatures after the game, go around to the back where the buses are waiting. The players, at least the cool ones, come out and sign autographs.
#7) Take BART! Parking is $30.00
#8) BEARS fans are sooo loyal. There were probably more BEARS fans than 49er fans at the game. Not really, but it sure looked that way. GOOOO BEARS! If you ever have a chance to go to a Bears game, do it. The energy is amazing.
#9) Football games are cold in SF. Wear warm stuff because you will freeze.
#10) On your way home, don't eat a fish fillet from MCDs because you won't feel that great in the morning.

I think that's about it...Have you been to a game lately? Got a favorite team? Share your thoughts! GO Bears!

4 comments:

  1. been a bears fan since before I can remember, thanks to my dad! I can't wait to go to my first NFL game, someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a lifelong Niner's fan BUT I would definitely consider the Bears. What a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a Niner fan, so I was rooting against the Bears. Knowing you have a relative on the team, though, I'll put them on my "list of teams I pull for." I root for the Texans because they are now my hometown team, and I root for the Ravens because the 2nd counselor of my bishopric in Provo is their 3rd string QB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll get in trouble if my husband finds out I didn't say this: GO COWBOYS!

    I'm a fan of players not teams. Weird I know. Basically, if I can find them/recognize them on the field, I like them.

    ReplyDelete